Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Character Concept Art/Character Design

Hey what's up? I've decided I really like using DeviantArt as a means to let my work be known, it's quite addicting and I've been visiting quite frequently the past few weeks. I think I like it most because of the feedback factor, I can talk to artists and artists can talk to me both directly and indirectly. Here's a character I've been working on conceptualizing. I have decided to just give her the name "Scarlett" for now. Her Sketch: It took me 2 hours to get this sketch down on paper. I used some slight references and modeled the pose after referencing myself in the mirror, and looking at a separate reference pose I found online. I used photo-blue pencil so the blue lines wouldn't pick up when I scanned the sketch in, but as you can see they still showed up a little. This was more something I wanted to do for experimental purposes, so I wasn't too concerned about craftmanship as much as I was interested in seeing how quickly I could finish the concept. I started at about 6 o' clock, and finished everything about 5 hours later, which is sort of a record for me, but hey, talk is cheap! What matters is how much I put out, so I'll let the work speak for itself. And here is the color version. (Some of Scarlett's other concept art; A Character Turnaround and Color progression.) Turnaround Color Progression

No comments:

Post a Comment